THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 5

For Lack Of A Better Topic

Hard Fighting Blazers Defeated by 'Jackets 4-0
11/04/2007

The College of Saint Benedict’s (0-2-0 overall) rematch against the University of Wisconsin-Superior (2-0-0 overall) resulted in another win for the Yellowjackets. The final score at the away game in Wessman arena on Sunday November 4 was 4-0. Blazers competed hard against Superior but just were not prepared enough.
The teams remained in a standstill until 12 minutes and 30 seconds into the first period when Yellowjacket’s Lindsey LeGree was assisted by Kirsti Hakala in a goal. The Blazers defense managed to hold them off until the second period when Gina Baranzelli shot and scored. Opponents Jasmine Pollock and Teagan Cassan both completed a goal in the third period to end the game up by four.
Blazer’s goalie Amanda Plumm (Lake Elmo, Minn.) took the net for all 60 minutes and had an astonishing 49 saves. That was 35 more then Superior’s goalie Rikki Nespor with 14.
The Blazers are now looking forward to three home games in a row and getting ready for their first one of the season against Robert Morris College. This game will take place in the Municipal Athletic Complex in St. Cloud, Minn. on Thursday November 8. Face-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
_________________________________
I will most likely not be participating in that game. I'm lucky if I get to practice today or tomorrow. I got taken out with 7 minutes left in the game after making a save and hit the ice pretty hard. I've got a quarter-sized bruise on my jaw that conveniently looks like a hickey. My back is literally in knots, and my right ankle took a good twist. I spent last night icing and elevating my swollen foot, and I see the trainer in exactly 20 minutes to decide if I need to be on crutches for the day or not. I may have had a good performance, but i'm bummed that I got hurt in the first game! Oh well, it could have been a lot worse.

Mom, dad, Uncle Kevin and my younger cousins Allison and Payton made the trip up to Superior to watch me play. That was really fun to have them standing nearby to support me at my first game. Richard and Erin continue to be my biggest fans, promising to come to all the games, whether I play or not! I was surprisingly calm going into it..i thought my nerves would get the best of me!

7 comments:

erin said...

It sounds like you did AWESOME. I wish I could have been there. You rock! I will miss your upcoming games because of the quilting retreat, but...a girl's gotta have her priorities. : ) I'm so proud of you! Take care of that ankle so you can get back on the ice quickly. Love you!

Cara said...

I wanna come to a game..... Maybe we can hitch a ride with Erin and Rich. Great job yeswtwerday. Take care of yourself!

Cara said...

Yeswtwerday? I must have fat fingers. Great....

Anonymous said...

You did MAGNIFICENT even though we had only one "BIG TOE” moment.
You had your head in the right place and your Game Face on. Your Dad and I are looking forward to watching you and the team become a better Blazer Hockey league. Rest up the ankle and get back to the ice ASAP! You have lots of magic to perform yet… Good Job Noonie! Cya at Thursdays game. Mom

Cara said...

Yes, Mandi, I would love to adjust you! Call me this weekend....

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to start coming to games so you WIN....since the curse is long broken!! Great game, Noonie!!
Shan

Cara said...

Send me your hockey schedule!
drcaraborggren@yahoo.com