THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22

Keep your cube to yourself...

Okay, so I quite enjoy my little cube here at Kuehne+Nagel. I decorated it nicely, I keep it tidy and organized, and I adorned it with my iHome so I have some tunes during the day. I always keep it low so it can't be heard in the cube next to me...I thought this was just common policy/courtesy.

I work in exports, run by 8 women, 2 men, and 1 questionable other. However, my desk is located in imports, where I am the ONLY girl in this section of the building. (This is essential.)

So, the guy on the end of my row, (4 cubes down) continues to play music at a more than adequate level. Some days it's country, so I don't mind.

Today is AC/DC day.

Most people know that I cannot STAND AC/DC because of the singers screaming, raspy, strangled voice. Of course, who is going to say anything to this guy--I sit with a bunch of guys!

Our cubes are not your typical cubes--no high walls to shield you from the person next to you. The walls between each cube are roughly 2 feet tall--just enough to know when your neighbor's beady little eyes have fallen upon you...

So, I guess my question is, do I say something, or do I just turn mine up louder? My iHome is capable of some serious volume, I could take him. I keep mine unusually low, in case the "Barbie Girl" or "I Like Big Butts" song comes on--god forbid!

I have slowly eased the volume up throughout the day, but his still rises far above a courteous level.

Erin, do you have any clever ideas? You have some pretty weird people in your office, too :)

PS--Is AC/DC even work-appropriate music? I should think not...

5 comments:

erin said...

A couple of things.
1. You lost me at not liking ACDC. Who doesn't like ACDC? I love them! Favorite song? "If You Want Blood (You Got It!)"
2. I can't help you. Try, if you will, to imagine my horror when Arnie came out of his office to "Shoop" on my own iHome at my desk.
3. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Turn it up, your boss hears "Ho" by Ludacris. Turn it down, you have to listen to G* (who shall remain nameless) cursing to himself in his office A.L.L. D.A.Y.
Let me know if you find a solution.

erin said...

p.s. "Ho" IS on my iPod and ALWAYS comes on at the absolutely worst time. And often. It's like I have ten versions of "Ho" on my iTunes or something. I don't get it.

Mandi said...

Ho is on my iPod too...many embarassing songs are on there. There may be no solution. And I honestly can't stand AC/DC. Before my time, I guess.

Shoop as in the old rap song Shoop or, Shoop as, "is it in his kiss? shoop shoop shoop"??

erin said...

Shoop by Salt'n'Pepa.

erin said...

Are you ever going to blog again?